Margarethe Mair Daurù
Via Purger 82 - 39046 Ortisei
Val Gardena - Dolomites

Tel.: (0039) 0471 796012
E-Mail: info@dauru.com
Web:
www.dauru.com




Atelier of Art:

E-Mail: artstudio.dauru-mair@rolmail.net

Reviews – monographs:
•  1993 “Guido Daurù Monographs”, published by Athesia, Bolzano
•  2001 “The body in the field of vision”, a film with the local channel of Bolzano , presented by Traudi Messini
•  1984 Short film in the atelier with the channel RAI TV 3, interview with Ennio Chiodi about an exhibition in Los Angeles

Relief:    

Art critics:
In the Renaissance the carpenters and the sculptors were called „masters of the wood“, working their material “cutting away the superfluous”. Guido Daurù is a master of the wood since many years even though he also used other materials, especially the bronze. The representation of the human figure and its insertion in a surrounding field is the centre of his artistic (and social) tendency. Following his abstract inspiration and working out those pictures in wood, he created the real and at the same time fantastic world of his figures.
Pier Luigi Siena 1995, director of the Museum of Modern Art , Bolzano

The extensive work of Guido Daurù is a reflection of a continuing human maturity and experience and an intensive confrontation with the own life and the other ones. At the same time it means to take a look at the history of ideas of modern plastic going from the heroic human art of Rodin to the cubistic dismantling of an object of the artist A. Pomodoro.
Prof. Josef Unterer, Bolzano

Trunks:    

Single exhibitions:
• 
1964 Single exhibition in the “Gallery of the European”, New York
• 
1974 Single exhibition, “First National City Bank”, Milan
• 
1976 Single exhibition, “First National City Bank”, Rome
• 
1978 Gallery “Leonardo”, Bolzano
• 
1988 Raiffeisen House, Terlano
• 
1988 Culture House Rocca Pietore (BL), Italy
• 
1989 Gallery “Kuperion”, Merano
• 
1993 In the garden of the Museum of Modern Art , Bolzano
• 
1995 Town Museum , Chiusa
• 
1998 Gallery “Willy”, Vilpiano (Terlano)
• 
1999 Café Des Alpes, Selva
• 
2000 Bank of Raiffeisen, Ortisei
• 
2002 Castle “Hofburg”, Innsbruck
• 
2003 Car Exhibition Götsch, Merano   

Drawings:    
   

National and international awards and recognition:
• 
1964 National exhibition, Suzzara, with honours
• 
1954 Biennale of the Sacred Art, Bologna , with honours
• 
1966 Summer exhibition, Bolzano , 1 st prize for sculpture
• 
1973 Honorary member and international prize “Tetradramma d'ORO”
• 
1971 3 rd prize, International Exhibition of the Sculpture, Massa Carrara
• 
1976 5 th National Sacred Art Exhibition, Padova, 1 st prize “Carlo Mandelli”
• 
1976 Recognition of the International Academy of Santa Cruz , Vercelli
• 
1985 International Exhibition “Tsukuba Expo ‘85” Gallery Arai, Ginza in Tokyo , recognition for graphics
• 
1988 1 st prize at the Biennale of Art, La Spezia
• 
1989 1 st world prize for the creative activity of art, “Salvador Dali” Figueras , Spain

Stele:    
   

Some important collective exhibitions at home and abroad:
• 
1946 Participation at the museum exhibition, Bolzano
• 
1947 – 1966 Participation at the collective exhibitions of the group “Ruscel”, Circle of the Creators of Art, Ortisei
• 
1948 – 2004 Participation at all the exhibitions of the sculptors organized by the South Tyrolean Association of Artists
• 
1945 – 1980 Participation at the regional exhibitions, Bolzano – Trento
• 
1949 Collective exhibition, Gallery “Bevilacqua La Masa”, Venice
• 
1965 International exhibition, Grand Palais, Paris; 1 st Biennale, Bolzano
• 
1970 3 rd national exhibition at the “Palazzo delle Esposizioni” Rome
• 
1981 Exhibition at the Art Trade Fair “Art 12'81”, Basel
• 
1984 8 th national competition of painting, graphic and sculpture “Prize Mario Rizzoli”, Mantova
• 
1999 Participation with gift at the auction for the Tyrolean Regional Museum , Innsbruck
• 
2000 Exploring the ways of sculptures in South Tyrol , Laives

Public works:
• 
1968 Church of Avoscan (BL), „Pope John XXIII”, relief of bronze cm 110X45
• 
1969 School playground of S. Giacomo (Laives), “The Window”, bronze sculpture
• 
1972 Numismatik Club Bolzano, “Peter Mitterhofer”, medallions of bronze and silver, 500 pieces
• 
1973 Church of Avoscan (BL), tabernacle and candlestick of bronze
• 
1974 Place of pilgrimage San Damiano (PC), Mamma Rosa, “Pietà” of bronze cm 300x150x60
• 
1977 Place of pilgrimage San Damiano (PC), Mamma Rosa, “The Pilgrims”, relief of bronze
• 
1978 Hospital of S. Candido , “The Heart”, sculpture of bronze
• 
1980 Church of San Martino , Trento , Christ of wood cm 300
• 
1980 Raiffeisen Room of Terlano, “Raiffeisen”, relief of bronze cm 200x100
• 
1984 Church of Galzignano Terme , “Saint Antony” of wood cm 180
• 
1970 Church of Monte Bondone , Trento , Christ of wood cm 300
• 
1990 Church of Saint Peter and Paul, Rome , “Saint Francisco” of wood cm 180
• 
1992 Hospital of Brunico , “Heart” of bronze cm 45x25
• 
1998 Cemetery of Vilpiano (Terlano), war memorial “Soldier with Cross” of bronze and porphyry


Graphics:    

<< ... back    
                       © Internet Service™ - Impressum