Sculptor Prof. Daurù Guido
The sculptor and teacher Guido Daurù has born in 1926 in Rocca Pietore (Laste), in the Ladino-speaking Buchenstein. Since his childhood he lived and worked in Ortisei. His main occupation was the teaching at the Technical School of Art in Selva as well as working at the craft industry with mainly sacred art works. He particularly liked to dedicate his time to the art and participated at many art exhibitions at home and abroad. The most of his art works can be visited in public buildings and churches.
1948 Member of the SKB, Bolzano
1948 Member of the “Circle of Art Creators”, Ortisei
1959 Member of the artists group “Ruscel”, Ortisei
1965 Member of the SIABA (Italian Association of Artists Beautiful Arts 2), Bolzano